Sunday, February 22, 2015

Getting the Kids to Help for Shabbos

On Fridays I try to get extra cleaning and sometimes cooking help. On the one hand, this is really great as I really need the help, but on the other hand, I realize that my kids are not as involved in getting the house ready for Shabbos as I'd like them to be.

So this past Friday morning, I sat down with the crew and with a pen and paper asked each kid what they would like to do to help get the house ready for Shabbos.

Surprisingly, the kids jumped at the opportunity to either make a dish or set up the candles or do something that they would like to do. And now there is no going back.

I made this cute "My Special Shabbos Job" chart to put up, I laminated it and now every Friday morning, we will write each childs name and the job they will be doing to help get the house ready for Shabbos. And this does not include cleaning their bedrooms- that's a given!

So here is the chart, feel free to print and enjoy~



Have a wonderful week!
Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...