Sunday, March 13, 2011

Easy Yummy Hamantashen Recipe


I make this every year and people LOVE it and ALWAYS ask for the recipe... hope you enjoy it too!

Soft Hamantashen Recipe:

1 Box Yellow Cake Mix

1 cup flour

2 eggs, beaten

2 tablespoons water

Filling of your choice*


Directions:

1- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2- Spray cookie sheet with cookie spray.

3- In a large mixing bowl combine flour and cake mix.

4- Stir in water and eggs until a stiff dough forms.

5- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/8 inch.

6- Cut into 2-3 inch circles, I use the top of a drinking glass dipped in flour before cutting.

7- Place dough 2 inches apart on cooking sheet.

8- Place a teaspoon of filling in the center of each circle.

9- Fold the sides in to form three corners (triangle).

10- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

11- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets and remove to wire racks to cool completely.

*I took plain macadamia nuts, poured melted chocolate chips over them and mixed them in a bowl. I then place the nuts covered in chocolate on a cookie sheet by the teaspoon full and froze them like cookies. Once frozen, I used each "chocolate mac nut cookie" as a filler for the hamantashen- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Hamantashen- YUM!


7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a good idea. I wonder if I can do this with any flavor cake mix? (As I happen to have a stack of them in the basement.)

    Thanks for linking up today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes! today I used a spice cake mix and put nuts and honey in the center... delish! Let me know what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the great recipe. I tried it with Funfetti cake mix. http://frugalgourmetmom.blogspot.com/2011/03/funfetti-hamantaschen.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this recipe. Thank you again! I changed it up a bit this year and tried a marshmallow fluff filling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did they come out. I have fluff and nutella I could try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELP! Cake mixes were 18.25 ounces when this recipe was written. They are now 15.25 ounces. How should the recipe be adjusted?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! I have not tryed them yet, but I am going to do them for a school project on Thursday!!! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...