A few things we've been up to lately...
Chanukah Sensory Table:
Sorting biggest to smallest:
Chanukah Collages with Chanukah Foam stickers:
Building a Chanukah Menorah with Shapes, Hammer and Nails:
A "stained glass" Chanukah Menorah- you can make a dreidel like this too:
Here is a very exciting project we are working on: Continent Boxes...
Basically, each box represents one of the seven continents.
I added Israel to the mix, cos its our country and it made sense to do so.
Inside each box, you put photos, chatchkes, books, any thing that pertains to that continent.
This is a classic Montessori project, but I am giving it a Jewish twist. I am looking for photos of different types of Jews and Shuls in the different parts of the world as well as traditional Jewish recipes. My husband happens to have a huge collection of Tanya's (an incredible Jewish book on Chassidic Philosophy written by Rabbi Schneur Zalman of Liadi) that were printed all over the world. The only continent box without a Tanya that was printed there is Antarctica. We did manage to find a photo of a Jewish scientist lighting a Menorah in Antarctica, which was very cool.
Once we have filled the boxes I will take photos of what treasures we found, and if anyone has any good ideas of other Jewish things to fill them with, please share!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Okay... now for the fun stuff~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WE'RE HAVING A CHANUKAH GIVEAWAY!!!
In this Giveaway are the following Goodies:
- an Alef Bet coloring book
- a Shabbat Activity Book with activities to do on Shabbat, and the kids can color the fun pages during the week
- an Alef Bet writing book with picture to color
- One Minute Jewish Games
- Alef Bet Rubber Stamp Collection
- Alef Bet Puzzle
- Alef Bet Flash Cards
Here's how to enter...
You can do one or all of the following... each thing you do is one entry in the raffle:
- Leave a comment. You can leave as many comments as you wish. Every comment is a raffle entry.
- LIKE Jewish Montessori on Facebook and let me know you did it in the comments
- Tweet about this Giveaway and let me know you did it in the comments
- Share this post on Facebook and let me know you did it in the comments
Winner will be announced December 20th, 1st night of Chanukah!
Have Fun and Good Luck!