Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Hats off to Working Moms

The other day I had a dentist appointment. It was an afternoon appointment so I left the house around 1pm, got to my appointment at 1:30, saw the doc, was out of there around 3:30 pm, did a few errands on the way home and ended up walking into my house around 5 pm.

I was exhausted. I had put dinner in the crock-pot before I left so dinner was ready when I came home, but while all I wanted to do was flop down on the couch and put my feet up for a few minutes, my kids decided other wise.

The babysitter left, and I was suddenly bombarded with questions, stories, requests and what not from my adorable little brood. 

It wasn't about mommy being exhausted and relaxing for 5 minutes, it was ALL about these little peoples needs being met at that exact moment.


And it suddenly dawned on me. So many people look at me and wonder how I can be home with my kids all day and how challenging it seems. And so many people think that moms who work get a 'break' by going to work every day. But just going out for the afternoon made me realize how challenging it is to be a working mom.

Where I can make dinner and tackle house work pretty much whenever I have an open slot of time during the day, working moms do not have that luxury. Where I can set aside time during the day to take a few moments to relax, for a working mom, that only comes later on once the kids are in bed, once everything else in the house that needs to get done is done.

And when you get home from work, the kids are so excited to see you and get your attention its so overwhelming because all you can think about is how exhausted you are!

So to all you working moms out there, I solute you. You are all amazing in your ability to balance family, work and your sanity. I have the utmost of respect for each and every one of you.


Wishing you all a fabulous week,
Always, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...