Thursday, August 1, 2013

Big Girls Do Cry


This week I spoke to three different friends, from 3 different parts of the world and all 3 conversations were so similar. I felt the need to share.

My first conversation was with my close friend who was telling me how she just got a new job and how overwhelmed she is trying to balance time for her kids, time for herself and time for her husband that on her way home yesterday she just pulled over to the side of the road and cried. She cried and cried and cried. 

My next conversation was with a friend of mine who has 2 little ones under the age of 1 and how she lives on the second floor of her building with no elevator and how getting both kids out of the house and into the stroller, running up and down the stairs, strapping one kid in then running up to get the next and by the time they leave the building the little one needs to nurse, and one day as she was leaving and the baby started crying, she just started crying too.

And yesterday I was speaking to my friend who was telling me how she was just thinking back to when her twins were newborns she had to go pick up her older daughters carpool and she didn't sleep the night before and it was a Friday and she still had to cook for Shabbos and had just gotten her twins down to nap when now she had to go and wake them up and put them into the car in the snow to go do carpool and the entire carpool she just cried her eyes out.

And today it happened. It was late afternoon, I had been up with one of my kids most of the night with an ear infection and I was exhausted. The kids were tired, some not feeling well, I was feeling guilty for letting them watch an extra video and they were all fighting with each other, the playroom was upside down, and I felt the lump in my throat. 

I quietly went into the bathroom and just let it out. A serious serious sob. Sometimes, we just need to let it out. And often, its just because we're tired and overwhelmed and the kids arnt well  and acting up. And guess what. It's okay. It's okay to cry about it because there is only so much we can do and handle. 

My teenage sister wrote on her Facebook page something like "I love being Happy, who has time to cry?" to which I responded that she has to make time to cry, because crying is healthy.

Just like we should laugh out loud when something is funny and we are feeling happy, we should allow ourselves to cry when we feel we need to.

So here's to tears. May we all be blessed to cry many more happy tears then sad ones, but to know that its okay to cry when we feel we need to.

Have a wonderful week,
Always,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...