Monday, March 18, 2013

Let the Pesach Fun Begin!

Okay ladies, we have a WEEK before Pesach- how awesome is that?

I have been spring cleaning my house for the past 2 weeks and I can safely say that I have filled up a very large amount of garbage bags as well as boxes to be thrown out, donated or recycled and it feels GREAT!

Now that the bulk of the cleaning is done, this week I plan to Kosher my kitchen and turn it into a Pesach kitchen... we are aiming for Wednesday if all goes according to plan- and on Tuesday I will have help in vacuuming  sweeping and mopping the entire house (under beds and couches etc.) to make sure all crumbs have safely left the building.

I have my little clipboard with all my lists of everything that needs to get done between now and next Monday but the one thing we often forget about is feeding our kids proper wholesome healthy meals which will prevent them from getting cranky and give them energy to keep busy so we can get on with whatever we have to get on with!

Nows the time to make a food plan for the kids for this week as well as activity/child care plan so we can actually accomplish everything we need to accomplish...

While my kitchen will not be entirely Kosher for Pesach until Wednesday, I need to make sure that nothing crumby will be around as we have lots of little ones who like to wonder off with their bags of Cheerios or peanut butter sandwiches. By now, we have pretty much finished up most of our Chametz so tomorrow morning I will take about 20 minutes to make sure I have a few of the following snacks stocked in the fridge  in tupperwares or ziplocs, making it easy for the little ones to just grab a piece or two when feeling hungry:

Fruits & Vegetables peeled and cut into bite size pieces:
watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, kiwis, carrots, papaya
Fruit in a big bowl on the Kitchen table, ready to grab:
bananas, apples, pears, oranges, plums, peaches

Next we need breakfast ideas- no more crumbly cereal or french toast- or any toast for that matter... so this is what we will be having:
Fruit smoothies, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, fried eggs, vegetable omelets, cheese omelets, yogurts, cottage cheese with fruit, apple sauce

Below are a bunch of ideas to mix and match for lunches and dinners-

chicken soup, vegetable soup, butternut squash soup, cabbage soup, zucchini soup 
grilled chicken breast, grilled salmon, roast chicken, chicken kebabs, fish sticks, chicken fingers
grilled zucchini, carrots, eggplant, butternut squash, sweet potatoes

These are just a few easy and simple dishes to make ensuring your family are fed and well nourished~

May this be a smooth and accomplishing week!
Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...